Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Link to the 30's

I thought that these white little spaces needed something yesterday so I ran to the Parish Quilt Co. http://www.parklandparishquilts.com/ just a fast as I could... I know they have a wonderful jar of buttons for 3.85 a scoop I got enough buttons for this project and more for another project in the future. I am very lucky to have a very nice Quilt shop about 1 mile from my house.
I quilted this 85"x85' on my sewing machine... and then I decided that the white space between the colors needed to be quilted as well but they were just empty spaces... so I decided that I could add the button... it would fill the space with something lovely and tie down the middle of these areas... so this quilt is both tied and quilted on my machine... not sure how the quilting community feels about mixing those to but I think it turned out really quite nice...
Here is the full quilt... this is the bigger of 2 quilts out of this pattern and fabric, the other was a small baby size I made with the leftovers. I washed and dried the quilt last night before I took pictures. I love the wrinkly soft feeling after a quilt has been washed and dried.
So Sabbatical has started and so far I have cleaned the garage, had my husband make me a rolling sewing cabinet, and finished one huge quilt, celebrated the 4th of July with family.



No comments:

Post a Comment